the lovely work of linda solovic

I recently discovered the inspirational work of this talented artist who lives and works in St Louis, USA. I loved her eye for pattern and detail, and thought I'd share some of her designs with you.

Linda is a designer and senior lecturer in art, who lists some of her many inspirations as 'vintage greeting cards, quilts, outsider art, Hello Kitty, 50’s and 60’s children’s illustration, animated cartoons and movies, fabric, Marimekko and Japanese Zakka sewing projects'.

I love her subtle colour palette and interesting textured surfaces. You can see more of her work at her website and Etsy shop.

7 comments:

Gigibird said...

That last flower is a bit Florence Hope!!
I think I have seen her work before.....not so keen on her pink phase.....if I can say that?

Kaylovesvintage said...

love her work, so pretty

Gilly said...

Love the little birds!

hens teeth said...

Oh I have enjoyed reading your posts, you have such a lovely thoroughly interesting way.

I too admire Linda's work. It struck me what a fantastic banner the top three images together would make!

Frances said...

Hello Sue,

Thank you for introducing me to the work of Linda Solovic. I do very much like her way of distilling what she knows well.

Also very much like your embroidery that appeared in the immediately prior post.

Best wishes from New York ... busy here, wishing for much more time to pursue creative impulses.

xo

Anonymous said...

her work is divine – just my style – thanks for opening my eyes.

Sue said...

Glad you all appreciate this as much as me!