winter market dates

I definitely have a problem with piles at the moment... piles of music garlands, poetry snowflakes, little golden crocheted snowflakes, tree decorations, bags, everlasting spruce wreaths, ribbon, tissue, card, labels... on the table, on the floor, on the ironing board, on the chairs, windowsills, shelves and on top of still more piles of fabric, magazines and boxes... all these are gathering together in my artroom for last-minute assembly and packing up.

I'm really pleased to say that I have been accepted for two winter craft markets in South Manchester this year, as well as having the opportunity to present a selection of gifts and pretty things for sale at my friend Anne's gardening classes. I'm really hoping that these wintry offerings will sell well and help to fund art and craft materials over the next year. I would absolutely love to see you if you live nearby and are able to come to either of the markets... details are below.


Finders Keepers Craft and Vintage Fair

Sunday November 14th 10am-4pm
The Moor Suite
35 Heaton Moor Road
Heaton Moor
Stockport

Christmas Craft Fair
Saturday 18th December (all day - times to be announced)
Whitworth Art Gallery
Wilmslow Road
Manchester

16 comments:

Celia Hart said...

I'd love to see all the things on your stall - the tasters you've given look beautiful.

Hope the markets are a great success.

Celia

Vintage Tea Time said...

i know what you mean about the piles! I'm drowning in piles of china! Good luck with the fairs - your things are lovely; I'm sure you'll do well. I used to live in Stockport as a child!

Gilly said...

I love that star inside the pine-like circle!

Must try to get to one of the Fairs, the Whitworth sounds best!

caireen said...

your stuff looks gorgeous - best wishes for all your sales! Cx

Marigold Jam said...

Wish I lived near enough to come. I have made some little crochet decorations like yours though mine are without the ring of evergreen which I think sets yours off beautifully. Good luck with the sales.

Jane

Jackie said...

Again, really lovely. Did you make those boxes? I've been looking for some but they were too expensive.
Your pictures give me a lovely tasteful Christmasy feel. Maybe I should ditch the gaudy 'every colour there is' scheme!

JP said...

good luck with all your things - i will defo be at the Whitworth so please keep us up to date - you might not have anything left by then!!

rossichka said...

What "beautiful things for sale"! I envy those who will come and buy something to decorate their homes with! Elegant and stylish as always! I try to imagine the artistic "mess" in your house that isn't that unpleasant, is it? Congratulations on participating in the Christmas fairs!:-))))

Elizabeth said...

I can't come to the markets but I love what you've made for them. the silver crochet star is very charming. I'm sure you'll do well.

silverpebble said...

Oh I love that little wreath and crochet star. I would buy that in a flash. Are you selling online at the moment?

Frances said...

Oh Sue, I do envy those who will be lucky to see all your wares at the fairs! All that you've shown us have your unique touch.

I foresee full funding of all your projects, and more. xo

BumbleVee said...

okay, but listen.....the reeeellly good thing is....you actually have piles of them! Perfect! You are not struggling to get piles made still....whew....

Helen Philipps said...

Your crafts are gorgeous.I think having piles of things about are an inevitable result of making things! I hope to come to one of the winter craft fairs you mentioned, am really looking forward to it.
Helen x

Chrissie said...

Haha, sounds familiar, there's never a chair to sit on here! Your garlands and wreath are very special, I'm sure the fairs will be a big success.

Lorenza said...

Hi Sue! I am definitely coming to the 14th!! My sister-in-law may be coming too with me :) And hopefully I'll make the Withworth gallery too! See you then!! x

Rose H (UK) said...

Good luck with the fairs - you've worked so hard for them!

Please visit my blog - there's an Award waiting for you!