monday treats


I made one of my rare visits to Matalan today in an attempt to get hold of one of these...

Lovely, aren't they? And only £6 each! Anyway, as usual everyone else had been there before me and there were none left, so I consoled myself with the two rather gorgeous vessels displayed at the top of the post: a shiny, blue-green Denby-ish casserole dish to introduce style and elegance to my dinner table on Stew Night, and a satisfyingly smooth and sinuous spiral bowl which is, apparently, handmade. Both very cheap and very lovely, although of course now I am fretting that someone somewhere has been paid peanuts to make them and I feel bad.

There is always something to feel bad about, isn't there? And they were supposed to cheer me up...

1 comment:

Gigibird said...

You are spot on, there is always something to feel bad about.
Stella and I fret over cheap things but when cheap is all you can afford it's difficult isn't it?
Nice shot by the way.