idea spin

Does your brain ever get in a tizzy, it's so full of ideas?

Sometimes they come so fast that I am buzzing and they are flying off me like sparks from a Catherine Wheel. It can be so overwhelming that it feels dangerous - I almost want to protect myself from the fury of it all.

It also makes me afraid - will I be able to remember them all, can I get them all down on paper before they fade?

Scribbling, sketching, pacing around, more scribbling.

And then, of course, it's not long before I flop, like an exhausted puppy.

Then, the ideas begin to form themselves into a queue. The queue can get quite irritable and impatient. And I'm not so keen on those greedy, gobbling ideas then.

Oh, for balance, for calm. Does this ever come?

1 comment:

Jo said...

I don't know about balance and calm. Both seem to elude me. However, I can relate to the ideas coming thick and fast and that feeling of excitement; wanting to capture them all and have them perfectly formed and finished. It doesn't happen to me very often, though. It's a great state to be in and shows your creative juices are flowing!