snippings

Little pieces of trimmings from my ninety-nine crochet squares which I am currently sewing up into a big lovely blanket, more than a year since I started it... hopefully I will be able to show a photograph of it finished and edged very soon.

The 'bittyness' of this picture reflects how my mind feels at the moment too. Unrelated thoughts, ideas, things unfinished, other things needing attention. Hopefully by the end of the week things might start ravelling together for me in this sense too.

I am feeling that the next few weeks will be about finishing projects that have been sitting around for far too long, waiting to be completed and liberated into daily use. Apart from the blanket I have a scarf in lovely Noro yarn to be knitted up, my giant patchwork to be quilted and a new bag to be sewn up and embroidered.

A big thank you for all your contributions to my last post about the spiritual side of creativity. It is so interesting and illuminating to hear other's thoughts on this subject and of course we are all different with different ways of looking at things. I will be re-reading the comments this week and thinking more about this subject.

Wishing you a creative week and if you are in the northern hemisphere, a warm one too.

13 comments:

A time to dance said...

I love your colour combinations I find them very calm and comforting. Sorry I havent been in touch..things are very difficult this side of the penines, I think things will feel better after the funeral.

Gilly said...

You always choose such gorgeous colours - delicate, muted but with the ability to bring the best out of each other, the way you put them together!

I really hope you have the opportunities to do all that you want creatively.

Pipany said...

I do love that first image Sue. I have always been drawn to photos of wool as the textures just call to me. keep taking those little steps in regards to the creative journey; struggling myself with it all as the demands of being a mum have been foremost lately with poorliness and snow pushing the rest onto the bacburner. Not easy is it? xx

elsy said...

cant wait to see the finished article, the colours are gorgeous....have just read your last post and it struck a chord, i'm not a trained artist but have decided to try and be more creative with my sewing/crochet and really explore the craft....thanks

JP said...

what lovely calming colours- looking forward to seeing the blanket

greenolive said...

Your work and colours don't reflect it – they are so calming, restrained, simple...beautiful.

Jackie said...

As everyone has already said your colour combinations are beautiful. Subtle and soft. The sage green in the centre is a lovely addition to the more usual aqua and beige..taupe(?)When I was little I remember a similar colour called fawn. I suppose it was named after the animal but I didn't realise at the time. That was in the 50s and these colours are very reminiscent of my childhood home.

Andrea & Co said...

I have followed your post for quite a while and love your musings...thank you!

This is really an 'un' time of year, Spring is to far away to look forward to, dark and cold and all lacking in energy for anything really..but I, like you hold on to trying to fill my cup with a little bit of creativity...a soother for the soul...

Reading Tea Leaves said...

Such gorgeous muted colours Sue. Look forward to seeing the finished blanket. My best wishes to you in your creative journey this year:)

Jeanne

Diane said...

What beautiful colours. You certainly have an artists eye for these things.

Selfsewn said...

Hello i have a similar pile of threads sat right next to me as I am in the process of de- threading my granny squares.
Can't wait to see the finished blanket.

Clare

LG said...

Ah, lovely colours indeed. I started crocheting squares for my girls' quilts, each quilt takes about 440 squares (they're quite small, a flower of about 5 rounds in the square) - so far I've done 44!! I'm sure one quilt will take me at least a year!!!

LG said...
This comment has been removed by the author.