out with the old


Over the next few days I shall be 'completing' 2014 with the help of these insightful questions which I originally found three years ago via Megan. I have done them every year since then and have found them incredibly useful in processing what has passed, and as a springboard into the new year. For me it's a much more meaningful exercise than party-poppers and fireworks and all the false midnight jollity. This year there is much to be thankful for and much to look forward to, but there has also been gut-wrenching disappointment and sadness, and the possibilities of the new year seem much thinner and more well-concealed than in past times.


One of my primary goals is to make more art, and try to work through whatever it is that has so far prevented me from full creative expression. I am both excited and fearful about this.

See you next year!

11 comments:

greenrabbitdesigns said...

I wish you well for 2015 Sue!
V x

rossichka said...

Dear Sue,these questions need a special attention and state of the spirit... Maybe they will help me to find the exact answers and build the general picture of my 2014? But by now I can see it in my mind in colours, including the black, too...
To have a goal is already a step to an optimistic and joyful New Year. I wish it to you most sincerely!:)x
Happy New Year's holidays to you and your family!

Sue @ Quilting the Green Star said...

I have popped back now and then to see if you have left a post and am so glad to read this entry. I do hope hope 2015 is kinder to you and that you have time and inspiration to paint and recover too.
Very best wishes for the New Year,
Sue

Sue said...

Thanks Vivienne! :)

Sue said...

Rossichka it's very interesting that you see it in colours. Thanks for your good wishes and may you too have a very happy holiday time and a new year full of possibilities. X

Sue said...

Many thanks Sue, yes recovery is what's needed, at least in part. And I too hope that 2015 is a kind year! All good wishes to you and yours also.

Frances said...

Sue, thank you for sharing the link to these very interesting questions. Some of them seem similar to questions I regularly ask myself, but all are presented in a much more organized way than my own swirling mix.

You know how much I appreciate your talent and imagination. I am looking forward to seeing what brings to and from each of us in the New Year.

Best wishes to you, dear Sue. May 2015 treat you well. xo

Sue said...

How lovely to hear from you Frances. A very very happy 2015 to you too. X

Anonymous said...

I do hope that this coming year will be a lot more peaceful for you, fingers crossed anyway.

Sue said...

Thank you!

lizzie said...

The past is the past; we can only move into the future and try to be happy.