new beginnings


This has been the scene at my new house for the past three months. A tiny, unloved, worn, tatty and unremarkable house with an overgrown, tatty garden has been knocked about, stripped bare and ripped apart. Slowly slowly the house has been put back together, added to and improved, and is nearly ready for me to move into, a brand new clean slate for me in so many ways. Tomorrow my furniture and belongings move out of storage and into their new home, and at the weekend I will follow. There is a lot to do but it will be mine to do with as I wish, a gift. It will be exactly one year since my old home went on the market and life changed shape. A very long year, a very hard year, but a neat representation of the circle of life. I hope to be creative there.

I will be making a Flickr set about the house and the changes that take place there, should you wish to have a look. It's not up yet but will be soon.

17 comments:

Marigold Jam said...

Good luck in your new home and hope you will be very happy there in the years to come.

greenrabbitdesigns said...

Wishing you well in your new home!
V x

Gina said...

Wishing you much happiness in your new home.

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the move and have fun putting your new life together in your new home!
P x

Frances said...

Sue, I've seen this post from you late this evening, and am so happy to see your news.

Promise to write you a much better message soon. Meanwhile, best wishes to you in your new home.

I foresee lots of creativity arising. xo

sue said...

Hello glad to see you back, hope you settle into your new home quickly. I'm sure it will become a place of beautiful creativity very soon. x

Anonymous said...

How good to see you again! Have a marvellous new life in your new home, I am looking forward to being directed to your Flickr account in due course. Good Luck!

Anonymous said...

Best wishes in your new home, I hope moving in is pain-free - which is about as much as can be hoped from moving, I find - and that you can quickly begin creating happy memories there.

Taking Notes said...

Good luck with the move Sue and I hope your new home brings you much happiness and creativity.

After vacating Tales from a Cottage Garden, I too have 'moved home', but only virtually;-)

Jeanne

Annie Cholewa said...

So excited for you. Good luck there :D

Rosie said...

I hope that by now you have begun to deck the halls with boughs of whatever takes your fancy, and to feel that your "nest" is truly a sanctuary. God Bless.

Vintage Tea Time said...

Exciting! Good luck x

Vintage Tea Time said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
the veg artist said...

Tiny and unremarkable can be just what you need sometimes.
May 2014 bring you peace and lightness.

Virginia Mallon said...

I have been out of the loop for visiting favorite blogs --- seems big things are coming your way. Best of luck! Wishing the best to you!

bay window valance said...

Looks like a an abalone fossil and artichokes, Looking forward for more updates.

rossichka said...

I wish you many happy moments, days, months and years at your new place, Sue! To find peace and inspiration there! To feel yourself better! May this big step lead to good changes and exciting discoveries!xx
HAPPY NEW YEAR!